Megan M. Kiminki
(formerly Megan M. Bagley)
I have a lot of experience reducing and working with astronomical data, particularly optical spectra. To help other researchers avoid reinventing the wheel, I'm compiling my notes on reducing data from various instruments.
- Tips for using IRAF's apall task for aperture extraction.
- HeNeAr and HgNeAr spectral atlases for wavelength calibration.
- My sky subtraction program for regions with complicated backgrounds.
- How to install IRAF on Mac or Linux.
- My basic GitHub cheat sheet.
- I back up my hard drive using:
rsync -avu --delete-after /path/to/home/directory /path/to/backup/drive
- Until recently, I was running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and for the past few years, whenever there was an update on the Nvidia driver, my computer would stall on a black screen on reboot. Here's the Ask Ubuntu page on how to fix that (either before rebooting or via remote login after rebooting).